References On This Site
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS - Author: Ralph Blyth Anderson
- Penny Sheppy - Dorothy Penelope Anne Albertson - herself a BLYTH descendant, residing near Fish Hoek, Cape Peninsular, South Africa who gave me a copy of two extremely detailed charts of the BLYTH family and Descendents together with embedded copies of photographs of many ancestral family members. It took her many years of painstaking research to compile such detailed charts.
- Joy Krause - Joy Carol Davel, herself a descendant of the DAVEL family, had researched over many years her ancestors and succeeded in obtaining a very complete record of it's members dating back to the early German founders known then as TAFFELs.
- Herman du Plooy, a list member of the South African Roots group, who gave me two CD's which contain many detailed studies and research results of well known genealogists of South African Ancestry, and from which already I have extracted data for two of my family ancestral roots.
- Karen Meeks-Carter also a list member, who gave and is still giving of her precious time, despite family commitments, to get my Family Tree off the ground. She organized my Legacy 4.0 Deluxe program for me providing a great deal of initial family data which she had researched for me from numerous archival records, including input on the Anderson family provided by Janet Melville. I am so grateful for all her continued assistance to make a success of this record.
- I am also most grateful for the decision of my son Edward Ralph Anderson, living in Toronto, to run a parallel program in order to provide a full back-up of our family tree data and latterly to design a website to make our data available on the internet for interested family members for the future.
- In general my thanks to many family members for taking the trouble to supply the necessary details which are needed to complete the family tree data. Of note in particular my thanks are due to Christopher Alan Pattison, a BLYTH descendant now living in New Zealand, for sharing his copious genealogical information on that family with me.
Title: Weapons of Peace: The Story of William and Johanna Anderson.
Author: Peter S. Anderson
Publ. Facts: Published by Logos Production House, Unit 1011-1012, Fo Tan Industrial Centre, 26-28 Au Pui Wan St., Fo Tan, Shatin, N.T. Hong Kong. Tel:2687-0331 Fax; (852) 2687-0281.
First English Edition May 1995 Copyright 1995 by Peter S. Anderson.
Recorded: 9 Aug 2003
Title: They were South Africans
Author: John Bond
Publ. Facts: Published by the Oxford University Press, Amen House, London E.C.4
First Published November 1956, Sixth Impression April 1963.
Printed in South Africa by the Rustica Press (Pty) Ltd. Wynberg, Cape.
Recorded: 9 Aug 2003 Anderson of Griquatown one Chapter of Six Families.