|WEEBER, Maria Elizabeth
WEEBER, Maria Elizabeth
- Born: Mar 9, 1850, Beaufort West South Africa
- Died: Aug 4, 1932, Beaufort West South Africa aged 82
- Buried: Cemetery Beaufort West 1 2
Another name for Maria was WEEBER, Mimmie.
1. Historical: Occupation. 3 Mimmie was a teacher about 1880 and taught at Riversdale before returning to Beaufort where she lived as a spinster like another sister Betty.
2. Cemetery. Mimmie is commemorated in two places in the Beaufort West Cemetery. One a self standing headstone, and two a twin headstone with Ellen A. CUMMINGS b.20 Jun 1844 in South America, and d. 31 May 1926 presumambly in Beaufort West. Rona Kennedy remembers her mother Johanna Johnson (nee Blyth) mentioning a Miss Cummsie, who was also a teacher.
R.B.Anderson & Helena Rose (nee Anderson), Visit to Graveyards and Museum with Photographs.
T.A.Anderson, The Story of Pacaltsdorp and Some Reminiscences (Made and Printed by Long & Co. (Pty) Ltd.
297 Kempston Road, Port Elizabeth.
Authors Note April 1957). Rec. Date: Aug 9, 2003.
Hugh BUTLER, THE WEEBERS OF BEAUFORT WEST. (Unpublished).