1. SPYKER, Johannes, Ds. & BRINK, Susana Maria
2. SPYKER, John, Ds. & NK, Margaret
3. SPYKER, John, Ds.
4. SPYKER, John & SOLOMON, Margaret
ANDERSON, Charles Thomson, Dr.
SPYKER, Jessie Ross 1 2
- Born: Jul 28, 1883, Cape Town, Cape Colony, Southern Africa 2
- Marriage: ANDERSON, Charles Thomson, Dr. on an unknown date in Sea Point, Cape Town, Cape Colony, Southern Africa
- Died: Jun 10, 1920, Sea Point, Cape Town, Cape Province, Union Of South Africa aged 36 2
Death Notice Transcription
KAB MOOC 6/9/1726/2220 filed on 16th July 1920
Name of Deceased: Jessie Ross ANDERSON (born SPYKER)
Birthplace: Cape Town
Father of deceased: John SPYKER (Deceased)
Mother of Deceased: Margaret SPYKER (deceased)
Age of Deceased: 37 years
Occupation: (Husband) Doctor
Ordinary place of Residence: Sea Point, Cape Town
Condition in Life: Married out of Community of Property
Surviving Spouse: Charles Thompson ANDERSON
Pre-deceased Spouse and date of decease:
Place of Last Marriage: Sea Point Cape Town.
Date of Death: 10th June 1920
Place of Death: Coniston, Kei Apple Road, District of the Cape
Children of the Deceased:
Marjorie Helen ANDERSON - 14 years
George Elliott ANDERSON - 13 years
Jean Stuart ANDERSON - 12 years
Barbara Joan ANDERSON - 7 years
Edward Charles ANDERSON - 2 years
John Caldwell ANDERSON - 2 months
Movable Property: Yes
Immovable Property: No
Estate exceeds £300: Yes
Deceased left a Will: Yes
Dated at: Cape Town on 14th Day of July 1920
Signed by: Chas ANDERSON, present at death.
1. Alt Death: at Conniston, Kei Apple Road, Cape Province, Jun 10, 1920.
2. Children. Mark Spyker states that she had 7 children with Dr.Charles Thomson Anderson but died in 1920 from complications from the birth of her last child. This child may not have survived as I (Ralph Anderson) have only 6 children on my family tree.
3. Education. Mark Spyker advised as follows:-
Tradition held her in high esteem as she graduated with Honours from the "University of the Cape of Good Hope" in Mathematics and Natural Science in 1902, which apparently was quite unusual in her day (Jessie Blackshaw sent us a photocopy of her certificate). I believe this would be the link with your family.
Jessie married Dr. Charles Thomson ANDERSON, son of Rev. Bartholomew Ebenezer ANDERSON and Georgina Johanna ELLIOTT, on an unknown date in Sea Point, Cape Town, Cape Colony, Southern Africa. (Dr. Charles Thomson ANDERSON was born on Dec 30, 1865 1 and died on Sep 21, 1948 in Cape Town South Africa 1.)