LE FEBRE, Pierre
- Born: Abt 1650, Fleurbaux, Le Province, France
- Marriage: DE GRAVE, Marie before 1684 1
Other names for Pierre were LA FEBRE, Peter,1 2 LAFEBRE, Pietter, LE FEBRE, Pieter and LE FEVRE, Pierre.
1. Historical. Pierre Le Febre arrived at the Cape 1683 with his wife Maria de Grave and son Guillaume. Records show the Le Febre family were from Fleurbaux in the French province of Artois. 1696 records show him living on his farm 'Fleurbaai' below Stellenbosch.
In an e-mail dated 8 April 07 to SOUTH-AFRICA@rootsweb.com , Richard Ball quotes M.Boucher, p.263 as saying there was a possibility that a sister to Guillaume, Barbe, born about 1670, also accompanied them.
Also that they came from the village of Fleurbaix, west of Lille in the Pays de l'alleu.
However, he also quotes the Cape Town baptismal register (VC 603) entries for 3 daughters, Martha, Maria Cathrina, and Catarijn, and that to quote "we have three women of those names marrying later at the Cape" A witness to the baptism of Martha was Barbara le Febre thus supporting the suggestion by M.Boucher.
2. Historical. Helene Clark writes in an e-mail dated 16 Apr 2007 as follows :-
is an Afrikaan boek entitled "Hugenote-Familieboek" by A.J.
Kannemeyer, printed in 1939 and the LeFebre name has some details of the
family. Two brothers Paul and Pierre came from France, Paul and his wife
Elisabeth Sisillia after having 3 children: Paul, Maria Madeleina and
Gideon, (two of them baptized in Cape Town) returned to Europe.
The farm "Fleurbaai" near Stellenbosch was given to Pierre (1696)
4 children:" and the 4 are named Gilliam, Martha (1684),Maria Catharina (1686) and Catharina (1688). Up to this point only Guillaume and Catharina are recorded herein. The existance of the 3 daughters, according to Richard Ball is supported by the fact that they were all baptised as recorded in the Cape Town baptismal register VC 603.
These details have thus been entered forthwith.
3. Historical. Yet another e-mail source by Caroline De Bruin <firstname.lastname@example.org> from Belgium, gives the names of a first born child with Maria De Grave and his own parents which is new information an is added herein. Also she gives the names of spouses of some of his children not previously recorded
Pierre married Marie DE GRAVE before 1684.1 (Marie DE GRAVE was born about 1654 in Le Province, France.)