DE JAGER, Matthys Michiel Andries 1
- Born: Sep 17, 1831, Durban Natal Province South Africa 1
- Christened: Oct 16, 1831, Durbanville, Cape Town, South Africa 1
- Marriage: VAN RHEEDE VAN OUDTSHOORN, Geesje Egberta on Nov 2, 1866 in Oudshoorn, Western Cape, South Africa
- Died: Jul 17, 1911, Beaufort West, Cape Colony, South Africa aged 79 2
1. Historical. 3 He owned the place "The Hope" in the Beaufort West vicinity. later this was bought by Ryk Daantjie de Villiers.
2. Alt Birth. MOOC 6/9/18079-2046 Re Antoinette Elizabeth Donaldson (Nee De Jager) shows differing dates for Matthys from the following supplied by Alwyn Smit namely:-
Born 17 Jul 1833, Baptised Durbanville 15 Sep 1833. However more recent data supplied by Lou ....... is as follows:-
1. See SAG 7, page 256: VAN RHEEDE VAN OUDTSHOORN (Matthys' spouse born name.)
e2 Geesje Egberta *28.06.1847 = George 18.7.1847 † Beaufort Wes 14.8.1920 x George(?) 2.11.1866 Matthys Michiel (Andries) DE JAGER *17.9.1823 † Beaufort-Wes 17.7.1911
2. Matthys se boedel SK KAB 6/9/672-2129 ( By his wife ) gives him as : † "Varschfontein", Beaufort-Wes dist., on 17.07.1911, age 79 jaar 10 maande, in other words September 1831. Now who is right? I would give the benefit of the doubt to his widow, namely that he was born *17.09.1831
3. He was baptised on 16.10.1831, but I have no written papers on this, but it makes sense.
Lou (van Copenhagen)
Matthys married Geesje Egberta VAN RHEEDE VAN OUDTSHOORN on Nov 2, 1866 in Oudshoorn, Western Cape, South Africa. (Geesje Egberta VAN RHEEDE VAN OUDTSHOORN was born on Jun 28, 1847 in George Eastern Cape, South Africa. 2 and died on Aug 14, 1920 in Beaufort West, Cape Colony, South Africa 2.)