|DU PREEZ, Margarita Jacomina
DU PREEZ, Margarita Jacomina
Other names for Margarita were DU PREEZ, Maggie, DU PREEZ, Margaritha Jacomina and DU PREEZ, Margrietha Jacomina.
1. Alt Death. 1 2 I assume she is commemorated with her spouse in a graveyard in Beaufort West but her date of death is recorded as 5 Sep 1933 aged 61. I assume she was buried in Cape Town. However, the Beaufort West Municipal graveyard record gives a location for her next to her spouse of RY F10 in the Blyth St. N/W cemetery.
2. Marriage. 3 After his first wife had passed away, Matthys married Maggie (Magriet) (3516)a teacher from the Riversdale district – who was approximately thirty years younger than he. She was a Du Preez and her brother Wouter farmed in the area – his farm “Windsor” is on the road to Stillbaai soon after the turnoff from the national road.
3. 0ccupation. 4 She was a teacher at Riversdale
4. Marriage. The DN for Matthys Johannes Weeber KAB MOOC 6/9/4180 Ref 35899 includes an Ante-Nuptial Contract with Margaretha Jacomina Du Preez, and although the details are not clear that portion of the DN is reproduced as 2 images herein.Matthys agrees, that in the event he predeceases her, she be paid a settlement of £1500 (One thousand five hundred Pounds) This in fact is repeated in his Will.
5. Children. According to her DN in KAB MOOC 6/9/4324 Ref 39042 only Alma and Olga are recorded as her children and hence the 3rd child in Legacy namely .Caroline Weeber
Margarita married Matthys Johannes WEEBER, son of Marthinus Johannes WEEBER and Johanna Catharina Magdalena DE JAGER, on Apr 20, 1906 in Riversdale Cape Province Souith Africa. (Matthys Johannes WEEBER was born in Feb 1843 in Beaufort West South Africa and died on Oct 31, 1932 in 49 Donkin St. Beaufort West South Africa.)
1. Marriage. Date of marriage is date of ANC(?)
1 R.B.Anderson & Helena Rose (nee Anderson), Visit to Graveyards and Museum with Photographs.
T.A.Anderson, The Story of Pacaltsdorp and Some Reminiscences (Made and Printed by Long & Co. (Pty) Ltd.
297 Kempston Road, Port Elizabeth.
Authors Note April 1957). Rec. Date: Aug 9, 2003.
3 Hugh BUTLER, THE WEEBERS OF BEAUFORT WEST. (Unpublished), By Hugh BUTLER. Cit. Date: Jul 3, 2003.
Alwyn Smit (E-mail June 2005).